Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Getting My Craft On!

It has been a very long time since this mama has felt physically capable of sitting in one place long enough to do anything crafty. Of course, late pregnancy will do that to a gal. Yup, that's right, I was pregnant again. Now I'm a new mommy again =). Little Miss Ryleigh Maxine has joined the family as of May 26th at 7:26am.

Like with the arrival of my son, the arrival of Little Miss has sparked a major creative flare in me. I've got cloth diapers galore cut and ready to be sewn, a new pattern for trainers for a little girl I know in the "testing" stages, and oodles of crazy creative ideas flowing. Anyway, with the resurgence of my crafting urges I have decided to try once again at getting a small WAHM business up and running.

For now my items will be available primarily through Etsy (http://moonwillowcrafts.etsy.com) but eventually I am planning on partnering up with a Doula friend of mine and doing a booth at our local farmer's market. I'll be offering everything from cloth diapers & accessories, to blankets and soft toys. At the moment my Etsy store is a bit sparse because most of the diapers I'm currently making are for Little Miss and for a custom order I took on before my pregnancy with her made it unbearable to sit for long periods of time. Once I work both of those projects down more I'll be making more stuff for the store.

I suppose that since Little Miss is finally sleeping, after quite a fussy day, that its time for me to go to sleep as well. Hopefully I'll be keeping this a bit more up-to-date here in the near future. No promises though as I'm still adjusting to being a mommy of two under two years old!

No comments:

Post a Comment